Coffee. It’s delicious, has many flavors, and gives us much needed energy for those groggy mornings, but is it the best choice? Coffee can increase stress, cause an addiction that makes it hard to rely on the body’s natural sources of energy, and limit the detoxification of the liver.
But what about a new alternative? What about tea? Try something new for a change. Skip the coffee and brew some hot tea instead.
Some perks of drinking tea include: an immune system boost, lower risk of heart disease, and lower blood pressure. Tea is also a source of antioxidants and has anti-aging properties.
Want to make some, but not sure what to choose? Well, I can help you out with that too. There are five basic styles of tea.
- Oolong tea increases mental performance and alertness, and strengthens the bone to prevent decay.
- Black tea improves your cardiovascular health and reduces the formation of cavities or tooth decay.
- Green tea has a bunch of antioxidants and nutrients that can improve brain function and enhance weight loss.
- Pu-Erh tea cleanses the body’s blood and digestion, and prevents multiple diseases through its antioxidant properties.
- White tea fights cancer and maintains healthy skin by protecting it from ultraviolet rays. White tea also happens to be naturally sweet!
I’ve honestly always preferred tea over coffee, so forgive me if I sound biased. But really, replace coffee with tea for a week if you haven’t done so already. It’d be a new, refreshing experience, and you might even find yourself liking tea a bit more.