What should you do when you crave a snack at work? I sometimes get an overpriced candy bar from the vending machine, but I realize that’s not the best option. I know it would be cheaper and healthier if I brought a snack from home. But I’m not much of a cook, and I don’t have the patience to mess around in the kitchen in the morning.
So I did a little research, searching for cheap, easy, healthy snacks. And I found an article on WebMD that seems to offer some reasonable options! Here’s what they suggest:
Snacks to stash in your desk
- Trail mix (dried fruit and nuts)
- Healthy breakfast cereal (the low-sugar kind)
- High-fiber, low-sodium, low-fat soup
- Instant oatmeal
- Cans of tuna (packed in water) and crackers
- Natural peanut butter and crackers
Snacks to store in the refrigerator
- Low-fat yogurt with fruit
- Low-fat cottage cheese with fruit
- Reduced-fat cheese and crackers
Most of these snacks sound pretty tasty to me. (Especially the peanut butter and cracker option. Yum.) And I appreciate the fact that they’re healthy and don’t require a lot of effort to produce.
So what kind of workplace snacks do you prefer? Do you have any easy, healthy suggestions? Please share your thoughts in the Comments section below!