Thanksgiving is probably going to be celebrated a little differently this year. Due to the pandemic, I know a lot of people won’t be attending a big family gathering. But just because you may not be getting together with your family members, that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy some delicious food! Even if you’re celebrating solo, you should still treat yourself to some of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes.
And what are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes? Well, according to the website Zippia, that might depend on where you live. They did a survey to determine the most popular Thanksgiving side dish in each U.S. state. Here’s what they found…
As I look at this map, some interesting results jump out at me.
- Mashed potatoes are the most popular side dish in the country! I can’t argue with that.
- Alaska really loves “hashbrown casserole” while Kentucky loves “broccoli casserole.” What are these casseroles, and why have I never heard of them? I clearly need to do some research!
- Mac ‘n cheese as a Thanksgiving side dish seems to be a regional thing.
- Deviled eggs are the most popular Thanksgiving side dish in Indiana. That’s kind of an odd choice. Sure, they’re tasty. But do you really like deviled eggs more than stuffing, Indiana? Really?
- And more than anything, when the people of Maine sit down for Thanksgiving dinner, they want to enjoy a good side salad. That’s just sad.
But hey – you should eat the dishes that make you happy. You savor that side salad! And whatever food you end up eating, and however you end up celebrating, I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Happy Thanksgiving!
Morris, K. (2020, November 3). The most popular Thanksgiving side in every state. Zippia. Retrieved from: https://www.zippia.com/advice/popular-thanksgiving-sides/