Do you want to be happier and more successful at work? If so, you should act like a cat.
Cats are great. They’re smart, inquisitive, and determined. If they want to do something, like scratch the couch, they’re going to do it! They’re not going to let anything or anyone stand in their way.
They’re industrious, but they also understand the importance of relaxing and taking breaks. My cat, Gizmo, works hard at patrolling his territory and investigating anything that seems different or out of place. But he also takes time out to stretch and nap. Cats have good work-life balance.
Acting like a cat at work can help you to feel less stressed and more engaged. It can also help you to get more done and accomplish your goals. Here are a few things that you can do to act like a cat at work:
- Get up early – Cats get up early, and it may benefit you to do the same. Research has shown that early risers tend to be more effective and productive, since people are usually more alert and mentally sharp in the morning. Early risers also have more time to get organized, eat a healthy breakfast, and start the day off right.
- Don’t be too concerned about what other people think – Cats are very self-confident. If they want to sleep in their litter box, they’re going to do it – even if other household members might think it’s gross. Try to be like your cat, and develop a similar level of self-confidence. And if you get critical feedback, listen to what the person has to say and make adjustments accordingly. But try not to take it personally, and don’t let it get you down.
- Take breaks and stretch – Cats can often be found napping and stretching during the day. They understand the importance of rest and relaxation. You should follow their lead, and take breaks during your workday. People need to take breaks in order to feel rejuvenated, energized, and engaged. Just stretching at your desk can be a great stress reliever.
- If you’re determined to get something, keep working at it – Cats are really persistent. I didn’t even want a cat, but Gizmo wouldn’t stop hanging around my house. He was determined to move in, and he eventually got his way. You should try to be equally persistent at work. When you have a difficult or daunting project to do, perseverance is often essential. It pushes you forward, forces you to deal with challenging situations, and ultimately helps you to accomplish your goals.
- Be curious about everything – Cats are inquisitive. And you should be, too! Don’t be afraid to explore new ideas, techniques, and ways of getting things done.
Halleywine. (2019, February 11). How to act like a cat and be a badass. Medium. Retrieved from: https://medium.com/@halleywine/how-to-act-like-a-cat-and-be-a-badass-d359d4b49e2e