Writers who are pressed for time sometimes make hilarious mistakes — particularly when they are writing headlines.
It is important to check your writing to make sure that your sentences are unambiguous.
Here are a few examples of ambiguity:
- Kids Make Nutritious Snacks
- Iraqi Head Seeks Arms
- Milk Drinkers Are Turning to Powder
- Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarians Take Over
- Dealers Will Hear Car Talk at Noon
- Prostitutes Appeal to Pope
- New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group
- Try Our Curry – You’ll Never Get Better
- Drunk Gets Nine Months in Violin Case
- Reagan Wins on Budget but More Lies Ahead
- Foreigners Are Hunting Dogs
- Marijuana Issue Sent to Joint Committee