We all have our tired days. If your life is stressful and hectic, or if you didn’t sleep well the previous night, exhaustion can set in. And when you’re tired, it can sometimes be difficult to be productive (and fully conscious) when you’re at work.
So if you find yourself in this situation, here are a few things to try:
- Be very specific about what you want to accomplish. When you’re tired, it can sometimes be hard to keep yourself on track. So having a detailed list of what you want to get done that day can be very beneficial.
- Drink a lot of water. When you’re dehydrated, it’s even harder to concentrate. And even though coffee and soda can provide you with a jolt of energy, they’re a temporary fix. Drinking water throughout the day should help you to maintain your focus.
- Get up and move around. Wake yourself up by standing up, taking a walk around the office, or just stretching at your desk. Any form of exercise can be very energizing!
- Try to avoid distractions (even more than usual). When you’re tired, it’s easy to get sidetracked. A quick glance at Facebook can turn into a long scroll through your friend’s vacation pictures. Make things easier on yourself by avoiding distractions altogether.
- Work on tasks that are easy and straightforward. If possible, save the demanding, challenging tasks for another day when you’re more rested.
Hale, A. (2010, March 1). How to work when you’re tired. Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/01/tired-energy-work-forbes-woman-time-business.html