Is your office a mess? Do you have trouble finding important papers, books, or files? Do your pens keep mysteriously disappearing? If the piles of stuff on your desk ever toppled onto you, could you potentially be trapped or crushed? If so, then it might be time to clean up your act! Here are five ways to do it:
- Get rid of the junk – It’s painful, I know. But try to get rid of all the stuff in your office that really doesn’t serve a purpose.
- Create a filing system – Get yourself some trays and file folders, and set up a filing system. And clean up your computer desktop too. Once that’s done, you’ll no longer need to spend your valuable time searching for stray documents or pieces of paper.
- Dust – Use wipes that are made for electronics to clean the dust off of your monitor and the crumbs out of your keyboard.
- Find a place for everything – Make sure that everything on your desk has a specific place to go. For instance, put all binder clips in a certain box and all pens in a specific container. Add some labels if you think that would help. And leave some empty storage space. You’re going to accumulate more stuff over time, and it will need someplace to go.
- Spend a few minutes organizing each day – Keeping your office clean is an ongoing effort. But it shouldn’t be too difficult if you dedicate 10 – 15 minutes a day on organizing your space.
Sennebogen, E. (2010, December 13). Work harder, work smarter: 5 office cleaning tips. HowStuffWorks.com. Retrieved from http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/household-hints-tips/cleaning-organizing/5-office-cleaning-tips.htm