Forbes magazine recently published an article about the seven things that wildly successful people do every morning. Now I’ve had my share of successes in life, but I don’t think I can describe myself as “wildly successful.” I think you’d have to have some sort of beachfront estate and maybe an exotic pet to make that claim.
So if you’re like me, and you’re only moderately successful, perhaps you can benefit from these suggestions. Here’s a quick overview of what super-successful people do during their morning routines:
- They drink lemon water. Lemon apparently provides physical and mental energy. The article cautions that you should always mix it with water because straight lemon juice is hard on your teeth.
- They get some exercise. They get up very early and get moving. This doesn’t sound very appealing to me, but studies have shown that exercising first thing in the morning can improve your mood and increase your level of energy.
- They don’t do work. They don’t immediately start looking at their work emails. Instead, they take some time to do something positive and non-work related – like exercising, maybe!
- They have a healthy breakfast. So no Pop-Tarts. Studies have indicated that eating a healthy breakfast can help to you to concentrate, enhance your memory, and make you feel more energetic. It can also help you to feel fuller, longer.
- They engage in mindful meditation. It’s believed that this practice helps to reduce stress, and boost creativity and productivity.
- They decide what they want to accomplish that day. They get very specific about their goals for the day, and later they feel good when they get those things accomplished.
- They say “no.” The article doesn’t really make it clear who these people are saying “no” to first thing in the morning. But I think the gist of it is that when people ask you to take on more than you can manage, you need to be able to say “no.” It’s important for your mental and physical health.
So there you go. Do these things, and success will certainly follow. Your beachfront estate awaits!
Bradberry, T. (2016, October 18). 7 things wildly successful people do before 7:30 a.m. Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbradberry/2016/10/18/7-things-wildly-successful-people-do-before-730-am/#796c7d633916