Do you often feel worn out at the end of your workweek? Do you wish you could take a vacation, but you don’t have the time, energy, or money to plan one? Well, here’s some good news! It’s possible to turn any weekend into a refreshing, revitalizing, mini vacation! Just follow these steps:
- Free up your time – I’m sure you probably have chores that you’ve got to get done over the weekend. But if possible, try to get some of them done during the workweek (either before or after work). Your goal is to free up as much of your weekend time as possible. You need to have time to relax, without a long “to-do” list staring you in the face.
- Act like a tourist – Once you’ve freed up some time, you can act like a tourist! There are probably a lot of cool places in your area that you’ve never been to. Go see them! Or, if you don’t feel like making any definite plans, just go to an interesting area or a neighboring town, wander around, and see the sights.
- Get comfy – Is there anything more soothing and revitalizing than comfy clothes? I think not. So put on your favorite t-shirt and your softest pair of pajama pants, sit down in your comfiest chair, allow yourself the luxury of losing track of time, and relax.
- Do fun things around the house – Do you like to sit on your couch and read? Do you like to garden? Do you like to cut up old clothing and then try to sew it back together in a cool, fashionable way? (That’s probably just me.) Think about the hobbies that you never seem to have time for, and then give yourself the time to indulge in those activities.
- Eat something new – If you like to cook, try a new recipe. If you hate to cook, try a new restaurant. You don’t have to travel to try new types of food. You just need to be a little adventurous.
Transforming your weekend into a relaxing mini vacation is not only fun – it’s also good for your mental and physical health. So relax and enjoy yourself! If you allow yourself some time to de-stress, you’ll be well-rested and ready for work on Monday.
Breaux, A. (2015, June 20). Turn any regular weekend into a refreshing mini vacation: 5 ideas. Apartment Therapy. Retrieved from: https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/turn-any-regular-weekend-into-a-refreshing-mini-vacation-220345