Here are a few interesting facts about the workplace. Read on, and you’ll be fully prepared for your next trivia night!
- People are most likely to take a sick day on Monday – except in Australia, where the most common sick day is Tuesday.
- People are least likely to take a sick day on Friday. Fridays in the office tend to be more fun, relaxed, and social.
- Employees who have a certain amount of control over the way their workspace is arranged tend to feel healthier and happier while they’re at work.
- If you work 40 hours a week, you’ll most likely work around 90,000 hours during your lifetime.
- The average employee spends approximately 50 minutes a day looking for missing documents, emails, and files.
- Researchers have found that when people are distracted by incoming emails or phone calls, their IQ drops by 10 points. This is equivalent to what happens when people miss a night of sleep. It’s double the effect of what is experienced by marijuana smokers.
- The average American spends over 100 hours commuting to work each year.
- Almost 60% of employees check their work email on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Most Americans will hold seven to eight different jobs before they turn 40.
- Most rolling office chairs travel about eight miles each year.
Bennett, A. (2017, September 18). Fun facts about working life. OnetoOne. Retrieved from: https://www.onetoonepersonnel.co.uk/view-article.asp?article=8gb9hk3pxz5f4q9
Lehnardt, K. (2018, November 21). 43 interesting working facts. Fact Retriever. Retrieved from: https://www.factretriever.com/working-facts